This four-day workshop is for advanced beginners and above. You will learn:
• The secret to glowing, realistic skin tone
• How to take advantage of the unique properties of soft pastel & oil
• Power through suggestion
• One simple technique to create sparkling color
• How to avoid “unpleasant detail”
• Masterful edge control
• The key to turning the form with temperature
William A. Schneider, AISM, IAPS-MC, OPA, PSA-MP, works in oil and pastel.
His skills were honed during eight years at the American Academy of Art’s Saturday Program in Chicago where he studied figure drawing and pastel with Bill Parks and oil painting with Ted Smuskiewicz. He continued his education through workshops with masters like Carolyn Anderson, Dan Gerhartz, and Richard Schmid. He learned his advanced pastel techniques in studies with Harley Brown.